Seven reasons to choose a ductless A/C system
Spring is in full swing here in NJ –and although it’s not quite time to dust off the window air conditioning units in your basement, it will be soon!
…Unless you upgrade to a ductless A/C system, that is.
Ductless (or “mini-split”) air conditioners are a great alternative to loud, light-stealing, hernia-risking window unit air conditioners; they can also be a great source of supplemental cooling in larger homes with central air conditioning.
Why choose a ductless air conditioner for your New Jersey home? Consider these great benefits:
- Better efficiency – Most ductless A/C systems have SEER ratings of 20 or more – well more than the required 14 rating for window units.
- More flexibility – A mini-split’s air handler (the part that hangs on your interior wall) can be placed just about anywhere in your house – even in rooms with no windows. Several air handlers of different sizes can be connected to a single compressor (the outdoor unit), giving you even more flexibility.
- Healthier air – Because they work without ducts, mini-splits avoid the air quality problems that can plague some central air systems; by reducing the mold, microorganisms, and allergens that circulate in your home, a mini-split system will help your family breathe easier – great news for allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Less noise – With a window A/C, the condenser (the part that makes most of the noise) is housed within unit itself; with a mini-split, the condenser is outdoors. The result? Whisper quiet operation in your living room or bedroom.
- More light and a better view – A ductless air conditioner mounts on your wall, which means you won’t have to block windows.
- A smaller carbon footprint – With a ductless system you’ll not only save energy, you’ll also use a more ozone-friendly refrigerant called R410A.
Best of all, some of today’s advanced mini-split systems can also be used to heat your space, providing a year-round high efficiency comfort solution for your home!
Ready to upgrade your cooling system with a high efficiency ductless air conditioning solution? We can help. Contact the cooling pros at Dowling today to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on a ductless cooling system for your New Jersey home!
Dowling – serving our neighbors in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, and Essex Counties in New Jersey for more than a century!